Many studies have shown the effect of blue light on human health. You may experience its impact on your health after spending your whole day in front of screens of mobile devices or PCs. For example, you may feel a disturbance in your sleep pattern and also see changes in the natural body’s system.
That is why if you want to keep your eye and natural health safe from the blue light, it is essential to use blue light filters on digital devices. Blue light filters provide warmer colors to reduce the effect of blue light, improving your sleep and making you healthy and productive.
This guide includes ways to use blue light filters on Windows, Mac, or Chromebook. If you want to keep yourself safe from blue light on mobile devices, you can go with third-party apps.
Use the blue light filter on Windows 10
Microsoft introduced a blue light-limiting feature on Windows 10 in the Creators Update of 2017. This feature is known as Night Light that provides warmer colors to the computer screen to minimize the emitted blue light. You can easily activate the feature on a Windows 10 PC.
- Head to the Settings on your PC.
- Then select System from the pop-up menu.
- You will see the Display category on the screen. Under the Display category, go down and turn on the Night Light toggle button.
To set up the Night Light mode on your PC, you will need to hit on the Night Light Settings link. From here, you can enable Night Light any time you want. You can also adjust lighting strength and schedule it to turn off or on automatically.
Use the blue light filter on MacOS
Apple introduced the Night Shift feature in MacOS Sierra in 2017. You can easily enable it on your Mac and set it as per your need.
- Hit on the Apple logo from the upper left corner and choose System Preferences from the drop-down. Or, tap the System Preferences icon on the Dock.
- Choose Displays from the pop-up window.
- Hit the Night Shift tab.
From here, setting up Night Shift becomes easy. You can enable it until the next morning and also adjust the color temperature. You can schedule the feature to enable or disable it at sunrise and sunset.
You get a built-in feature called Night Light on devices with Chrome OS to provide you safety against blue light. The quickest way to turn it on is to tap on the System Clock, followed by the Night Light. To do more with Night Light, follow the below steps.
- First, you have to hit on the System Clock and choose the Gear icon from the pop-up. Now you get the Settings window.
- Choose the Device located on the left.
- Then choose Displays from the right.
- Turn on the toggle button next to Night Light.
- Adjust the strength of the blue light by managing the slider.
- If you want to schedule the feature, hit on the Down Arrow and choose Never, Sunrise to Sunset, or Custom.